Karnobat municipality is located in the southeastern part of Bulgaria and is included in the administrative territorial boundaries of Burgas region with a population of 28 843 people. By its geographical location municipality occupies an important place in the transport and communication system. Pass through its territory important transport corridors in the east and west directions, and links to the northern and southern Bulgaria. The city is rich in historical sites and cultural attractions.
- The medieval fortress Markeli is among the most significant in the medieval Bulgarian and Byzantine military and political history cities. Episcopal center, a center of Christianization of northeastern Thrace. Fit in the centuries-old history of Christianity through the cult complex and multi-layered mostly unique early Christian martirium from IVth
- The birthplace of writer Dimitar Polyanov only preserved Renaissance town house, built in the 70s of XIX century.
- The church “St. John the Theologian” impresses with its original architectural elements and wood-carved iconostasis – one of the masterpieces of the masters of the Debar school.
- Clock Tower, part of the architectural ensemble in the old part of town, is an expression of the economic prosperity of the Renaissance Karnobat.
- Historical Museum Karnobat – History Museum in the city of Karnobat was established in 1921 by Atanas Karaivanov Ignatiev. It has rich collections of archeological monuments prove the rich culture of the Karnobat region, ethnographic specimens revealing centuries of its material and spiritual culture and natural specimens.